[Dailydrool] The Basset Game

Dossey, Gwenda G via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Thu Jul 21 08:02:44 PDT 2016

OMG - MertaLou:  My girls have been playing a slightly smaller version of that game for about a month now!  Y'all must be on the same mailing list or something!!  :)  Madden (14-1/2 & blind) will bark to go out.  Teddi (13-1/2 & the princess) will watch her go out, but just lay there.  Now, depending on what version it is, Madden will then turn around and come right back in and expect a treat.  Sometimes, when Madden comes back in  Teddi will go out and roam the yard until she hears me walk across the kitchen and sit in the chair in the living room, then she'll bark to come back in.  Of course there is the version where Teddi decides that I'm not quick enough and will try to come in through the doggy door, knowing that her back end isn't what it used to be and she'll be stuck in the opening - front inside, back outside and trying to lift her back leg up & over.  Sometimes, as another version, Sasha (5 & spunky) will hop out & in and out & in again through the doggy door just to let the older girls know that she can still do this and rub it in their faces!

Of course, when they come in (whether they peed or not) they all expect snacks!  They just LOVE this game, too!!  Me, not so much!! :)

~Gwen, Teddi, Madden and Sasha~ (:>
(o_
// \
V_/_ <=penguin
Being happy doesn't mean everything's perfect. It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfections.