[Dailydrool] Ashes

Kenneth Miller via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Mon Jul 4 14:09:49 PDT 2016

Hi All

First healing drool to all those in need, or who have suffered losses, believe me, I think we've all been there, and no matter what, no matter when, it still hurts.

I thought I'd pitch in on the remains of my two, Edsel and Bosley. Edsel went to the bridge in 2002 and Bosley just last year. Both were cremated. Edsel was returned to me in a nice bone shaped metal tin, that I had a gold foil label made to go on the top. Bosely was done by our local funeral home, and returned in a white plastic box, with a plaster paw print, and nose and paw prints on a certificate.

Now I've been unsure what to do with them. I actually wanted to put Edsel's remains in my mother's casket, but they had been moved, and I could not find them when it was time, three years ago. It is against the law in Virginia to do that, but I really did not care, and as long as you do it, and nobody official knows, what are they going to do?

Anyway, I wanted to find them homes in the house, and I am still considering using two of my "Charlie" cookie jars, perhaps with their collars and tags hung around them.

Did not know if anyone else had considered that or not.

We will have another hound or two at some point, but it will be after we retire.

Best
Ken and Beth
with Bosley (ATB) and Edsel (ATB)