[Dailydrool] Day at the Vet

Jennifer Martin via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Wed Jun 8 04:38:29 PDT 2016

Monday I had to take all three bassets to the vet. Beauford needed an ear
recheck. He passed with flying colors.

Browyn has a bladder infection again. A cyst she has had on the right side
of her neck exploded over the weekend. For the record, the vet said Dale
and I can clean these out with hydrogen peroxide the first 2-3 times. Then
we need to delute it with water half and half. So there. She had another
lump develop on the left side of her neck. It is full of serum. We are
supposed to put warm compresses on it until it resolves. Meanwhile she is
on baytril and methylgel for 2 more weeks.

Bugsey is the one that has me depressed. He has been having copious
quantities of wax coming out of his ears. They are not infected. I just
have to keep flushing his ears so they don't get infected. That is the easy
part.The hard part is the boy can hardly chew any more. He is eating Honest
Kitchen. As long as I get enough water on it tomake it slop, he is okay.I
brought in sweet potato chips so he could seewhat Bugsey is doing when he
tries to chew. Well,it isnota rotten tooth. The boy has a TMJ disorder. I
was afraid of that. When I open his mouth to throw pills down his throat,
it makes terrible noises and shiftsfunny when it clicks. I have hadTMJ
surgery, so I kind of know what it looks like. It is very rare in dogs.
This is the first case my vet has ever seen. I looked it up and while rare,
it is most common in...bassets. Thevet is trying to figure out who he needs
to refer me to. I am trying to not get freaked out before I have more
information. Anyonehave any experience with this in a dog?

That is all over here.It could be worse!
Jennifer with Beauford, Bugsey,and Browyn the Fairy Princess
timandjenmartin at gmail.com