[Dailydrool] Dermaxx

Jennifer Martin via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Sun Jun 12 04:05:08 PDT 2016

I have had two bassets with hip dysplasia and one with severe arthritis.
Unfortunately, those three didn't do well with NSAIDS. So I had to rely on
alternative therapies. The good news is they tend to have less side
effects. I am currently using adequan shots, phycox, and dasuquan for
Beauford who has hip dysplasia and very crooked little front feet. His
stomach will absolutely not tolerate NSAIDS. He was suspected when he was 9
months old and started on the adequan and the phycox. When he was two, he
had xrays. The hip dysplasia was confirmed. His left hip socket is so
shallow that he has dislocated his left leg about three times. After seeing
the xrays, we added the dasuquan. When we moved to Georgia, our new vet
said that he is doing so well that he wouldn't change a thing.

This is the protocol we used on Elwood. Bubbles was so long ago that these
modalities were not available.

Jennifer with Beauford, Bugsey and Browyn the Fairy Princess