[Dailydrool] Quilt block donations requested

Pamela McQuade via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Mon Jun 13 09:47:05 PDT 2016

Tri-State Basset Hound Rescue adopted Beau, a wonderful golden
retriever-basset mix, to Marilyn, who wanted to do various kinds of
therapy work with him. Over the course of the years she's had him, Beau
has become part of the READ program, in which young students read to him
so they can improve their reading skills. Beau has also done hospital
and senior-citizen therapy work and even went to Connecticut's state
house when a pet therapy bill was passed.
http://fox61.com/2016/04/12/heartwarming-and-educational-day-at-the-state-capitol-as-furry-friends-visit/

http://www.courant.com/community/simsbury/hc-ugc-article-therapy-dog-beau-visits-the-virginia-connol-2016-03-17-story.html

Beau has recently been OK'ed to do even the most sensitive kinds of
therapy work. He's a real success!

That's why Tri-State would like to honor Beau with a quilt that his READ
students can sit on with him as they read. We are asking quilters to
donate brightly colored blocks (I call these "crayon colors") that have
a dog theme--you can use dog fabric, applique dog designs on the block,
or embroider dog designs on it. Each block should measure 12-1/2", which
will allow a quarter-inch seam on all four sides. Finished measurement
will be 12". Completed blocks can be sent to TSBHR's Kathy Frisch
(contact me at plmcquade at optimum.net for her address, if you need it).
Kathy will piece the blocks together, and I will quilt it.

Since we need to have time to do the piecing and quilting, please
complete blocks and mail them before September. Beau will be receiving
his quilt on the first Saturday in December, at TSBHR's Howliday Party.

If you have any questions, please e-mail me at the address above. DO NOT
post to me on Facebook, since Marilyn has friended me, and I would like
this to be a surprise.

Thanks so much,

Pam, food slave to the Dashing Bassets