[Dailydrool] Bassets in Movies and Commercials

Marilyn Briggs via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Sun Jun 26 13:55:34 PDT 2016

Shannon, a friend and I were having that conversation. She posted on Facebook about everyone wanting a Dory fish and
then they die. 101 Dalmations caused a HUGE problem with dalmations in shelters. They are not easy dogs and need a lot
of exercise, and people just wanted something cute.

So yes, I think when bassets and basset puppies are movies or advertising, it does lead to more people getting them, which
results in some percentage who give them up. Hopefully, with the climate for rescue in recent times, they may see a basset in
a movie or commercial and want to adopt one. That would be wonderful.

Marilyn Briggs
marbriggs at comcast.net