[Dailydrool] Etsy & the Rainbow Bridge & What To Do After..

Dossey, Gwenda G via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Thu Jun 30 00:31:29 PDT 2016

Wen, I was so sorry to read about Etsy's passing!  We send our condolences!  We've had 3 hounds that have gone to the Rainbow Bridge so far along with a couple of cats and our first dog (a non-basset)!  We've had them all cremated and their boxes are placed in one of our curio cabinets.  I like keeping their cremains!  I know that if we ever move I can bring them with us!  Erika (the non-basset) was our first to go.  She weighed all of 10 pounds at her heaviest and I had a special cross box engraved with her name on it because a box was just not good enough!

Over the years, we've had the chance to have coasters made of their footprints; toys felted to look exactly like the girls, clay broches and knickknacks that were painted to resemble our girls, etc... and these items are placed in the curio with them.  When Sadie Jean passed away, I printed out all of the emails that I received from friends and strangers alike from the Daily Drool and placed them all as well as the cards we received in a binder.  When Casper passed away, I took all of my favorite pictures of her and put them all into 1 photo album.  I feel bad for Tatum, our first basset, because we don't have the things for her like we do for the next 3 hounds.  And I haven't had anything made for our youngest, Sasha yet either.  I'm not sure why, but  I guess I better get a move on and start, huh!?!?  Anyways, I think I have a picture or 2 if anyone is interested in seeing our display!

~Gwen, Teddi, Madden & Sasha~ (:>
(o_
// \
V_/_ <=penguin
Being happy doesn't mean everything's perfect. It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfections.
Email - gdossey at te.com<mailto:gdossey at te.com>