[Dailydrool] Bribery

Jennifer Martin via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Sun Mar 6 04:16:05 PST 2016

We bribe over here all the time as well. We bribe for changing out toys and
we bribe to get them to drop it. Don't ask me why. I have always said drop
it instead of leave it. Amazingly enough, all three will do it as well as
leave it if I say drop it quick enough. When we were teaching it to
Beauford as a puppy and we were working on leash training, he would stand
over trash, deaad animals and cigarette butts and stop and look at me for
the treat. Given my druthers, I prefer them to not pick it up and me have
to drag the unknown item out of their mouth, expecially long dead things.

We got to use it just yesterday. I was cutting up an avocado and I was
using a knife to get out the seed. Seed went flying and Beauford had it
before I even set down the knife. Somehow I just didn't see a seed that big
going through without issues,especially in a dog who gets stomach issues if
you look at him cross eyed. I had the apple cinnamon dog treats I made in a
bag on the counter. I grabbed one and traded. Threw away the avocado seed,
washed with lots of soap and water adn finished making lunch.

Jennifer with Beauford, Bugsey, and Browyn the Fairy Princess
timandjenmartin at gmail.com