[Dailydrool] Looziana Basset Rescue is in Second Place Now!!!

Mary Wilson via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Tue Mar 8 18:38:19 PST 2016

One of the books I've read about bassets says they will "go all day in the
rain after a rabbit." Paddi B Basset will do no such thing, of course,
since she doesn't like rain, and Billy B Basset would have gone all day but
been likely rather uninterested in a rabbit if there was a large beef bone
available, and Vernon Q Basset preferred other activities.

However, I think the intent is to say that bassets are slow and steady. And
so are basset lovers! When I started voting for Looziana Basset Rescue,
they were in fifth place -- and now they are in second! Another week to go,
and if we basset lovers can slowly and steadily overtake the school
currently in first place, they'll get $25000!!!

I am a long way from Louisiana (I'm in B.C.) so I figure this is likely
about the only thing I can do for these far southern houndies. Registering
is easy -- sign up once and you get a number, but not junk mail from the
bank -- so let's go for it, everyone!

Paddi, Simba the Mountain Dog, and me, Mary