[Dailydrool] Differences

Beverly Szaton via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Tue Mar 29 23:16:50 PDT 2016

We have only had two female Bassets-- Zelda and now Merta Lou but I am
struck by the differences between males and females.
What Merta Lou wants, she gets. One way or another, she bests the boys
every time. Doc was on the bed and sitting next to him at the desk, I was
petting him. Merta Lou came along and chugged up onto the bed and began
inching her way forward along the very edge of the bed in front of Doc.
He growled.
She stopped.
She waited. She started.
He growled.
She stopped.
She waited. She started. He moved back an inch and she took it and stepped
forward, slamming him with her hip so she was completely in front of him
where SHE could get the attention. He gave up and left.
When they go outside he waits for her at the door but if she goes outside
first she doesn't wait for him.
She doesn't push Conley out of the way like she does with Doc, but she will
come up behind him so close that he is uncomfortable and leaves, snarling
and grumbling, which she pays scant attention to.
It just amazes me how clever she is at 11 months. What a girl!

MomPerson to Conley, Doc and Merta Lou

bgszap2 at gmail.com