[Dailydrool] Lymphoma Diagnosis

Heather Tupper via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Wed Mar 30 09:52:28 PDT 2016

I tried searching the archives but haven't had any luck.
Our almost 13-year old boy, Barney, that had a pacemaker installed 2 years ago was diagnosed with Lymphoma last week.  The vet we go to doesn't have the capability of determining what type of lymphoma it is specifically, but aspirations of the lumps indicate cancer.  He went from perfectly fine one day to not being about to walk well the next.
Can anyone offer any advice on treatment.  At this stage in his life, I don't know that weekly chemo (over an hour drive to the nearest treatment center) is a good option.  Right now he is on prednisone and seems to be getting around okay, but is pretty tired, panting a lot and drinking a lot.
We've talked about getting a second opionion, looking into herbal treatments, acupuncture, but I'd like to hear from anyone with experience.
Thank you!Heather TupperMom to Marvin and Barney