[Dailydrool] Lymphoma

Valerie via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Wed Mar 30 17:32:04 PDT 2016

Oh dear. Heather, I'm so sorry to hear the diagnosis lymphoma. It is an all too common cancer for dogs. We lost our beloved 12 year old boy, Harley of Hawaii, to lymphoma last July. He was diagnosed just after The previous Christmas. Our vet suggested there were three ways to go--chemotherapy, which generally gave a dog about nine more good months before relapse and decline. Michelle Swartz chose this option with Colt and would be a good resource. Palliative care with prednisone, which generally gave a dog one or two more months. I don't exactly recall, but think Doug Dropp may have chosen this option with Ben, who lived longer than the predicted time I think. And alternative medicine. We chose this option for Harley and used the Daphneyland protocol with a little tweaking by our vet. This regimen involved weekly IV infusions of high dose vitamin C, plus some diet supplements like Haelan 951 (fermented soy), spirulina, honey, and I forget what else, plus the prednisone. This regimen gave Harley another good nine months before decline. Many droolers have lost hounds to lymphoma and there may be other options I've forgotten or my vet didn't know about. Feel free to write me if I can be of more help. I am sure I have the Daphneyland protocol somewhere in my emails. Sending weet Hawaiian drool your way. Val of Hawaii, with current houndettes Mila and Mariah