[Dailydrool] Basset VW commercial

Vicki Kerns via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Thu May 12 10:47:16 PDT 2016

Yes Marlene, I saw it last night. It was great!

Droolers, I haven't been much lately. Since January, I've been dealing with
health issues for Cleo (15-1/2 years). I took her in in January for her
dental & in her bloodwork they discovered she had pancreatitis. They
treated it & a couple weeks latet, she still tested positive. So they did
another treatment & gave her antibiotics. The vet said with her loss of
appetite & weight loss that he suspected it was more than just
pancreatitis. We decided not to subject her to anything radical bit let her
live out her life.

Now, she does throw up some and has practically no appetite, and she's lost
so much weight that you can feel her bones but these are the only symptoms.
She's not in pain, she drinks plenty of water, and she still trots around
the block on our walks. I have been through every aisle in the store
finding things she will eat. She will eat so.ething for a couple of days &
then turn her nose up at it.

I'm taking her to the vet tomorrow for an evaluation, have the doctor look
in her mouth (because she will take a bite & then spit it out). I'm sure
he's going to look at her & how skinny she now is & recommend I put her
down. But she still seems perky & sassy, loves her walks, and seems ok
otherwise.

Am I doing her a disservice? I don't want her to starve or wait until
something worse happens, but she still seems full of life. I'm going to
listen to my vet because I trust him. I know so many of you have been
through this. She's my heart girl & I've been grieving every day since
January. I keep praying for God to take her in her sleep on her bed at
home. Please keep us both in your prayers!