[Dailydrool] Dog staph skin infection

Vikki Grauf via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Fri May 13 21:13:58 PDT 2016

I am going threw something with one of my hounds that I have never had with any other basset, a staph skin infection. It started a couple months ago with what looked like a few pimples in his fur, just here and there. We gave him a couple extra baths, rubbed in a few ointments and such, and it still persisted, but really wasn't a big deal. Then a couple weeks ago, it accelerated, and he started loosing fur, visibly. So Thursday of last week, took him to the vet, they scrapped his skin, and declared he had a staph infection. He has been on antibiotics for about a week now, with no change yet.So I pay my bill and I find the words "impaired immune system". Not good words.  Oh, and they also found a slight heart murmur. I have Co Q10 ordered to start giving him to help with the heart murmur.So my question to the land of Drool is, has anybody else been down this road? If so what were your results. Thanks so much, Vikki