[Dailydrool] Chronic Pancreatitis

Connie Moen via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Sat May 14 17:00:24 PDT 2016

​We adopted Molly Mae almost 2 years ago.  Her previous owner had taken her
to a strange vet, removed her collar and leash and walked out the door.
After several days they called LVBR.  The same day I called to see if they
had an older dog that needed a home, to make a long story short we drove
over and picked up Molly.  We fed her the same thing we feed Daisy and in a
couple of days she seems to not feel "perky", by the end of the week she
was throwing up and would not eat.  Took her to vet and after testing, he
said it was Chronic Pancreatitis and they had to keep her almost a week to
hydrate and get her to eat again.  The vet said that if we had not brought
her in when we did, she would not have made it.

We brought her home with a special "no fat", not low but no fat diet that
she will be on the rest of her life.  All her food has I/D on the label.
That was the last time she has been ill - if she does get a hold of
something with fat...diarrhea and throwing up follows.​

Hope this helps with anyone dealing with Chronic Pancreatitis.

Connie & the Vegas Girls
​  (Daisy Mae & Molly Mae)​
two.bassets at gmail.com