[Dailydrool] When bassets roll in stinky stuff

Elizabeth Hinchliffe via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Tue May 31 06:46:19 PDT 2016

Oh, why do they love being covered by the stinky stuff, especially on their pointy little heads?!!?

Here's a hint from my experience with Duchess (who expanded the challenge by trying to get all the stench inside her loooong velvety ears, too).

A product called Skunk Off.  It's not just for skunks.  You can make up a mixture and bathe the entire odiferous houndie, or just spray the concentrated mixture right from the bottle onto the parts that make your eyes water.

It's amazing.  It doesn't cover up the smell, it completely neutralizes it.  I used it for everything she found to roll (and fall asleep) in, including her favorite, deer droppings.

I got it from my vet, about $10 for a squeeze bottle.  Probably dog supply stores/websites have it, too.  I recommend getting a bottle to keep on hand, it's so worth it!

Good luck with the overly ripe threesome.

Beth H. (Duchess ATB and Blueberry ATB)
Hinchliffe at aol.com