[Dailydrool] Emergency Spa Day

Jennifer Martin via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Tue May 31 10:01:04 PDT 2016

Just wanted to let every one know I completed the emergency spa day. I
really didn't think plain old shampoo was going to cut the smell of the
putrid chicken gizzard. So I put vinegar in a squirt bottle. I got them all
wet with water. Then I liberally squirted vinegar on them, eing extra
careful with Browyn's head. She is the only one that rubs her head in
disgusting things. Then I worked the vinegar in real well. Without rinsing
them, I shampooed them. Then I rinsed and repeated the shampoo. It killed
the smell. It also stripped a lot of the natural oils out of their skin and
hair. They still felt dry after the second wash and the shampoo I use has a
conditioner in it. In this case, getting rid of the smell was my first
priority. I am just making a big deal out of how dry they are because I
don't want anyone to decide to use this on a regular basis. Vinegar is way
to acidic for dog hair and skin, but desperate times call for desperate
measures. There is NO WAY they could remain indoor dogs and smell like
that. It was really bad. Not skunk bad, but still very bad. As I say this,
please keep in mind that I used to work in hog barns. I can handle a lot of
bad smells. This was truely nauseating. All I can say at this point is a
certain Fairy Princess had better lay off the birds for a little while!

Jennifer with Beauford, Bugsey and Browyn the Fairy Princess