[Dailydrool] Perplexed

R Groves via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Mon Nov 14 07:28:29 PST 2016

First of course is old age?

Second is if she had to do any steps, jump up or down to or from something.

When going to the Vet, and if able to afford, an X-Ray of the spine looking
for degeneration may be called for.

Does she have any limp or gait that you hadn't noticed before, and if you
have someone stand in front to distract, while another person curls her back
paws (one at a time) behind her to see the reaction of her pulling her paw
back forward again to stand on .. you may be able to gauge how reactive she
is to this.

As a hound loses feeling back there, especially due to spinal cord /
vertebrae issues, the gait goes, the ability to right that paw, or do so
with stability shows more and more.

The snapping *could be* a clear sign of pain, twist the wrong way, land the
wrong way, etc, and she knew it felt it and was reactive to attempts to
move.

I really wish we humans had telepathy sometimes.  (or call it "telepethy")

Your Vet may prescribe Rimadyl or one of the generics of it, to help with
swelling, etc.  I wouldn't do more than a 14 day supply from the Vets, they
generally charge in the 2 dollar per pill range, while on line at quantity
you could get them as low as 44 cents, lower if you have a first time order
coupon code  (ValleyVet - 180 caplets @100mg of "Novox" carprofen is on sale
at 79.99 or .44 per pill!)

-Robert