[Dailydrool] Horrible coughing

Sally Russell via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Sat Oct 8 19:11:15 PDT 2016

Our Browser, age 13, has had loud coughing sounding like retching.  He had
x-rays taken which show mile bronchitis but thankfully no cardiac
problems.  Even had to run to the emergency clinic at 5:00 a.m. because it
was so bad.  The vet repeated x-rays and had them interpreted by a
radiologist who agreed with our own vet.

It is not kennel cough but some virus that has been going around and he
does not go to kennels nor dog parks.  Now he is on two antibiotics and
hydrocodone cough medicine pill if needed for the cough as well as
prednisone for five days.  He is feeling much better and we are gradually
weaning him off the hydrocodone and just giving at night.

Anyone else ever had experience with this.  Sounds so awful when he
coughs...

So worried that our shih tzu will catch this but so far, he is fine and
only age 3.

Sally Russell