[Dailydrool] Dog Insurance

Beverly Szaton via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Sat Oct 15 16:43:25 PDT 2016

​When I got Doc I insured him. Mainly because now that we are both--Mr
Biskit and I-- retired, paying for catastrophic illness might not be
possible, having been there before when working and having an income, we
were terribly aware of what it can cost.

When MertaLou came along, I thought oh why not? And added her to the
Healthy Paws insurance policy.
After MertaLou had time to acclimate a little, we had her spayed which of
course comes under the heading of reasonable, responsible care and is not
reimbursable.
About ten days later she vomited blood and xrays showed a foreign object.
And boy, was it foreign: a an inch long piece of cut copper tubing and a
rock which were removed.

And about a week later Mr. Biskit said
"Didn't you say you insured her?"
Ah! So I did.
And I submitted the claim to Healthy Paws and a day or two later a check
came. Wonderful! I'll stick with Healthy Paws.

MomPerson to MertaLou, Conley & Doc