[Dailydrool] GracieLou Update

Ellen Cole via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Mon Oct 17 15:46:34 PDT 2016

Thanks to all who responded to my plea for help. The vet approved a small amount of fat free cream cheese or lean turkey meat to hide pills. Both have been totally successful. The pills are down in a blink of the eye. I remembered that cream cheese saved the day when Oliver needed Tramadol. I was relieved when the fat free version was acceptable for GracieLou. It's sticky...so holds onto the pills.

Overall, I think GracieLou is feeling slightly better. It's hard to tell when a 13+ year old basset hound is feeling less lethargic! She hadn't vomited or had diarrhea and still hasn't. She stopped eating regularly Thursday evening. She has eaten small amounts since...today she ate a half a cup of the prescription kibble and then, a few hours later, she lapped at the canned food after I added a little warm water to it. That's more than she has eaten in the previous few days, so I will take it. She has been coughing more today than she has since Friday. Not sure what that's all about. She tends to cough mainly when she first gets up and starts to move around a bit.

It's still worrisome...she's an old girl, after all...I would like to wake up tomorrow and have her be all better! I know that's not terribly realistic, but I can hope!

Thanks again to all who are keeping GracieLou in their thoughts and prayers and to those who offered suggestions.

Ellen & GracieLou
erc2761 at gmail.com

Sent from my iPad