[Dailydrool] Argghhhhh

Sally King via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Fri Oct 21 03:48:21 PDT 2016

Two days ago, I was walking the dogs and a woman stopped her car asking if I had seen her "little dog, sort-of brown and white". I hadn't, but promised to take her home if I did. I asked the breed and after a moment's pause, she said Jack Russell cross, but some people though it looked like a pug. It turned out she lived in the road behind mine.
Today, I had just returned from walking ROlph and Clara, when a neighbour knocked on my door, asking if I knew who owned a small brown and white dog she'd found in the road. I asked if it was a terrier. Yes. I grabbed a lead and treats and was confronted with a Yorkie, with possibly a dash of something else, but a Yorkie for sure.
We decided to take her to the woman in the car, in case she knew whose it was. As we knocked a dog barked, so we were sure we had the wrong house. We were about to leave when she opened the door wearing a towel. The dog was hers. Apparently, she keeps getting out. She used to take herself up to the golf course behind our houses, but now heads down through the roads. The woman was "just about to go and look for her", after her shower, obviously.
The dog, which wore no tags, was in good condition and not unhappy to go home, but WTF?
Who doesn't find out where their dog is escaping from, especially as the golf course is home to badgers and foxes which could easily take a Yorkie and especially now she is running on roads where people habitually drive too fast and where there is a main road just 50 yards further on?

Who showers before looking for their escaped dog, the mother of her other dog? Who doesn't make sure a Houdini dog has ID tags?
I hope the sweet little terrier doesn't end up paying for the stupid owner.
Sorry, rant over.Sally, with Rolph and Clara who donated leads and treats to the rescue effort. UK
Sorry, rant over