[Dailydrool] Calendar hounds

Donna Lindy via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Fri Sep 2 08:24:30 PDT 2016

If you have the SeniorHoundsAbound calendar hanging
somewhere in your house, that’s my 16 Paws looking at you.
Our  name was inadvertently overlooked but those are the
Lindy hounds, all ATB now that Bosley left us in June.  They
were quite the little pack and we miss each one so very much
as we all miss our hounds and their big personalities.

I used to walk all 4 hounds together - they were so good
and walked in a row with no pulling.  We did everything
in 4’s including baths - except vet visits.  Pauline and
Elmo LOVED to go to the vet which was really a blessing
since Pauline had glaucoma and we went a lot.  Pauline
was a Pwincess on the Drool and relished the part - she
loved to dress up and had hats sent to her by several
Droolers.

Elmo was a mush - a big old speed bump that would
occasionally give someone a dressing down for being
naughty.  And he’d stamp his feet and bark his head
off if he wanted something, usually a cookie. He was
a gorgeous hound and quite lumpy in his old age.

Gracie’s very crooked leg never slowed her down -
she was well known for her speed and blasting
through the doggie door like a rocket.  She was
very devoted to me, especially during my recovery
from my fall. And she was a bulldozer, always
pushing her way to get to me or whatever she wanted.

Bosley was just plain sweet - never caused a problem,
never did anything naughty. But he was so handsome
with his  freckles and he had symmetrical markings on
his cute basset butt.  He always nudged me for attention
and a bite of my dinner - right now I’m missing that. . .

The other great thing about this little group of hounds
is that they would all sit so nicely and close together
and let me take picture after picture.  You may remember
our lemonade stand pic on the Drool calendar in the
past - those 4 were very treat motivated!

Thanks to everyone who voted for my little crew - it’s an
honor to have them on the calendar, still helping the
hounds in rescue.

Donna, drool fueler for just Sunny and Maggie these days