[Dailydrool] Also hate spellcheck auto corrections; wolfish wives

Val lbrewerzwick via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Sun Sep 4 20:54:45 PDT 2016

I sympathize with the woman who had two wives and there were a lot of fights. Lol.  I can imagine that would be two many chefs in the kitchen.  Automatic spellcheck corrections are always entertaining.

Before computers, back in the days when I was young, an overly touchy manual , overly sensitive typewriter which skipped (made spaces) made similarly hilariously odd text.  The summer of my junior year in college, I worked full-time as a medical transcriptionist at a state mental hospital, typing intake and discharge notices.  One time my supervisor come to me to question whether I had personal issues with psychotherapy.  No, I said, I did not.  Why then, she wondered, did I always refer to any therapist in my typed reports as "the rapist"?

My typewriter did a hop, skip, and jump after the key e was depressed.

Val (vlbzwick at yahoo.com)