[Dailydrool] Red & white intelligence, itchy, scratchie hound

mr knoll via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Wed Sep 14 14:29:06 PDT 2016

I have had four tricolors, one red and white and one lemon and white.my dogs, like humans of all different colors, vary in intelligence.my first Tri, was super intelligent, knew around 25 commands, had himfrom the age of 4 wks. so I spent tons of time working with him.Chance a tri was like a cat not a dog, very standoffish, would rather lay in a chairthan on the couch being touched. he was smart, but lazy, His brother Rex who cam to us at 7 1/2was smart, however he suffered from seizures and it sometimes affected his smarts.Now then, Molly Bob, another Tri. what a bright girl. she loved to play games, fetch, ready set go, basset ball, she knew the touch command, she probably knew 30 + commandsNow we have Abner, a red and white, a rescue, abused, smart, stubborn but very intelligent, if you watch him, you can see him work out escape routes [ he used to have fear of my husband, after two + years, he will even roll his tummy over for a belly rubs ] he learns all the commands, just takes his time.I think that Ziggy, is my brightest, he is a smart little lemon and white, I need to spend more timeworking with the two of them. They will be schooled and show how smart they are.
As I said at the beginning, to say one color is smarted than another, is quite silly,
To the person with the overtly itchy dog, has anyone mentioned that it could a yeast infection.a lot of this sounds like what Chance suffered from back in the '90s. please ask your vet or a new vetto test for yeast. for the mouth, you might try feeding a tablespoon of plain yogurt 2 x a day in the dog food, try some monistat cream on the feet, rub it in real good so it isnt messy
I hope this help
Martha Knoll,Sherlock atb, Chance atb, Rex atb, Molly Bob atb and my boys Abner and Ziggy