[Dailydrool] Catching up...

Dossey, Gwen via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Wed Sep 21 07:24:41 PDT 2016

Hey everyone!  It's been quite a while since we actually posted anything, but I'm trying to get to where I'm reading the drool every day again, so I wanted to pipe in on a couple of subjects.  I used to just write the person directly, but I'm not seeing anyone's e-mail addresses anymore, so y'all will have to suffer through this ;0)

1st to Reggie - surgery sounds terrible, but knowing a basset that didn't have the surgery I can tell you that it only gets worse!  Poor Riley would limp around trying to keep up with the other hounds and it got worse the more tired he got!  We had a girl come into GGBR that had both legs done and she is now loving life!

2nd regarding smart bassets - I've had a couple of tri-colored bassets that were lucky they were cute, because they really weren't very bright!  My youngest tri is too smart for her own good!  We had to keep her busy and wear her out or she got into all kinds of trouble (including catching the kitchen on fire!)!  Our smartest basset is our Teddi.  She will be 14 next month and she is a red and white.  She knows hand signals which is a good thing 'cuz her hearing is going!  Both Teddi and Sasha (the youngest) know that when I say "I'll be right back" that they can't go!  When I say "we'll be right back" Sasha knows that she's going with me and if I say "Come on Teddi" that means that Teddi is going with me!  All 3 of my girls know left and right, although Madden (my oldest tri who will be 15 next month) still gets confused and I have to say No, your other right... but that has come in SO handy now that she's completely blind due to glaucoma!!

3rd to Fendi about the cyst.  My Teddi has had one on the side of her neck/below her right ear for over a year.  I've been watching it and it has grown some, but not too bad.  It doesn't seem to bother her, and because of her age I'm just keeping an eye on it.  My Madden is our lumpy/bumpy girl!  She's had a lot of fatty tumors!  The first really big one was in her armpit.  We watched that thing grow for just about 2 years because of her age (she was 8) until it made it hard for her to get around and difficult to sleep.  When she was 13 she had another large fatty tumor removed and again did very well after surgery!  I wish we would have taken the small (dime sized) tumor off her back then, because now it's the size of a kiwi, but it's not bothering her at all, so we'll just keep an eye on it and hope it never bothers her!

Lastly, Val - that quilt is gorgeous!  No wonder it did so well at the quilt show!  I wish I could zoom in and see the bassets on the shore!

Hopefully you'll hear from me more often! :)

~Gwen, Teddi, Madden & Sasha~ (:>
gdossey at te.com