[Dailydrool] Insurance from the desk

Beverly Szaton via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Wed Sep 21 13:23:46 PDT 2016

​Ahem.
Yes this is Ms  MertaLou  Professional Lady Basset...and I have been asked
to discuss Veterinary Insurance.

It seems that Mr.Doc has had insurance for a while now with a company
called HEALTHY PAWS (oh, isn't that cute?)
Ok anyway.
So he has had this insurance and has never used it . I mean what good is it
if he never uses it? You would think he could at least get a serious cough
or something. But noooo, he remains very healthy.

So when came along She thought oh why not and she put me on the policy.
Well first they had me "fixed" altho I was unaware that I was broken.
And I still had those little stitch things in when I found something
strange and delightful in the yard and ate it. Um. Perhaps I should not
have. Perhaps I should have shown some gustatory judgement because not 24
hours later I began to feel quite unwell.
And worse.
And worse. Until I was ---how to put this delicately?--upchucking and She
thought it smelled bloody and so she whipped me into the Vetspital and they
took photographs and declared yes indeedy I had this THING in there and so
they gave me a little shot and the next thing I knew I was waking up in a
kennel!

Ok the business end: Healthy Paws paid 90% of the cost and they did it
without grumping or cutting corners. She was very happy about it.
Recently She had occasion to comparison shop and what She found was that
for what she wanted, Healthy Paws was the best deal. She has the top of the
line coverage and it runs about $100 a month give or take a dollar or five.
She thinks Healthy Paws is a good deal. Too bad Mr.Conley doesn't have it
too, he just had a big tooth pulled. A canine. Owie. (He is not home yet.)
Love and kisses, MertaLou, Professional Lady Basset

bgszap2 at gmail.com