[Dailydrool] Pet Insurance

Jennifer Martin via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Wed Sep 21 13:50:34 PDT 2016

I swear by pet insurance. When I got Beauford  (who will be 8 in January )
Pets Best Insurance was the best deal around. They charge me a one time
$100 deductible per diagnosis code and then cover 20%. I have Beauford who
last year was 7, Bugsey 5, and Browyn 3 by their calendar year. Beauford's
birthday is before the premium and Bugsey and Browyn fall after. After
paying the premium,  they paid me $5000 for routine crap that happened.
Last year was uneventful. We had the allergies, but we met the life time
limit on Bugsey in April which includes his ear infections.  Arthritis
medication for Beauford.  A UTI or two for Browyn and gatritis on one or
two. I don't do wellness because my vet is cheaper than the deductible.
All that mess with Bugsey was a $2200 refund for us.

Pets Best is no longer the best Healthy Paws is, but I can't afford to
change because of the whole pre-existing conditions clause. I really
suggest it. It really saves you when your dog does something stupid and
eats something weird. We are talking bassets folks. They will eat anything!
Even when they don't end up doing surgery all those xrays and shots and
prescriptions add up fast.

Jennifer with Beauford, Bugsey, and Browyn the Fairy Princess  (holds the
record with refrigerator magnets--the whole waiting room was laughing at us)
timandjenmartin at gmail.com