[Dailydrool] Sorry to hear about lack of DD posts

Val Strand via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Wed Apr 12 21:32:09 PDT 2017

I read the DD every day and look forward to the silly and often sad stories, but have to admit I have been mostly a lurker. I will try to remedy that by posting about my current basset ( Paisley) and those past and may even throw in a mention of our lab. Have always had labs and bassets at the same time, one for smart and one for cute, you make the call. Although I have to say Paisley is the smartest basset we’ve had. All have been devious but not always smart. However like all bassets Paisley has bassitude + and oh the look she gives when we are eating. The poor dear must be starving. Overall she is a very good girl, but her hunting instinct is very strong. If it moves she’s on it. No lizard is safe. Thank goodness she has not been able to go after any rabbits, but if she sees one she shivers with hope of getting free. Living in AZ I worry about her getting one the dang poisonous toad that come out during monsoon. They can kill a dog in 15 minutes, the toxin is that strong. I know that if she ever finds one in the yard she will be right on it. So, during monsoon the dog door is closed at night and I do the toad walk every morning before letting the dogs out. If I find one it goes for a nice flight over the wall. Hope the bratbasset never finds one.