[Dailydrool] Another thing I miss about the old Drool.....

Dawn Van Keuren via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Mon Apr 24 11:56:42 PDT 2017

People being criticized for buying bassets from bad places. I have today read a series of posts on facebook by a person who is about to pick up an 8 week old puppy from a basset puppy superstore. I looked at the website. It reveals:

5 litters born in the first 16 days of April
Another was due last week.
46 puppies in the first 5 litters.
Claims that the puppies are family. (46 puppies in 16 days with more on the way are not family!!)
There is zero screening of buyers. It literally says 1-2-3 buy a puppy. Send money.
Puppies are sold at 8 weeks.
Puppies are shipped by plane, if the buyer wants.
"Not a mill or Back yard Breeder." Really, on the website. Good to know that.
Breeder identifies himself by his first name, only.
No member of the BHCA in that state has that name. (I may not agree with everything, but if you are claiming to be a reputable breeder, would you not belong to the national breed club?)

I got the usual, how dare you criticize where I got my dog. I can get my dog wherever I want. Yup, and I have the right to tell you it is bad.

Funny, I did meet this person. With her current hound all dressed up at a rescue event a couple weeks ago. Guess it is was just window dressing.

I miss that the Droolers would have roundly tried to dissuade her from buying (again) from this breeder. We might have disagreed about the tone. Vilification would be appropriate. I can hear others saying educate her.......except she knows, has done it before and is proudly doing it again. Facebook just does not offer the same sense of community.

ARRRRRGH.

Dawn