[Dailydrool] A Montana Moment

Leslie via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Sat Aug 12 08:30:49 PDT 2017

Here on the home front life is anxious due to the surrounding fires now
engulfing our state of Montana.  2 weeks ago the Eastern Montana
wildfires were noted as the largest Wildfire in the entire U.S.  Now in
Western Montana......From Evacuations for the Quartz Wildfire 35 minutes
or so up Hi-way 90 to those area fires spreading and causing now more
evacuations especially around Seeley Lake North of us here in
Frenchtown.     Saw the fires up close as I assisted with one leg of a
transport a couple of weeks ago as these fires just got going. The skies
are grey, eyes are irritated, and I cough a little bit in the mornings.
   Missoula to St. Regis , a short and easy leg of the transport to help
Brittany Spaniel Rescue....but my a/c in my Chev HHR quit working and
with windows down for breeze...(day was 97 degrees outside) driving
through the thick of it was a choking experience.

Now spreading are the Arlee, MT. fires heading away from me here going
North and East.  Superior , mt. wildfires are in the "outskirts" of our
little town thank dog.  The wind can change things so quickly!. There
are evacuations all over it seems now. The Red Cross has places set  up
to help, too. I have given up trying to keep track of it all, as my main
concern is making sure all horses, cats, and Houndie Homestead Dogs are
utd with emergency plans. I cannot imagine the care and worry Daphneland
and all other rescue shelters are going through with their fire concerns.

Healing drool goes out to all that need as we here, too......have
experienced our dearest friends heading for the BRidge.   In one week,
we lost our beloved pooch loved by our Board of Directors......a sweet
senior cherished by our newest volunteer Secretary,  an aged loved
family member of our volunteer in Missoula, and a much loved yearling
who got out thru a fence and found the next morning here in the wilds of
the mountains of Mt.

We need to buckle down and stay safe here on the ranch and keep a
mindful eye out especially when the weather report says "some
lightening"......ugh.    Over 80% of the fires here are lightening
caused the news states.

The fire dept. mitigated some land close to the house here, so for now
we feel safe.  Pawsies crossed.

--
Basset Rescue of Montana
Leslie Ames - President & Shelter Manager