[Dailydrool] Sophie at the Bridge

Vikki Grauf fudgelady_vikki at att.net
Sat Dec 30 14:34:45 PST 2017

Today I am living the worst day of my life, my beautiful Sophie has gone to the Rainbow Bridge. We have never even spent as much as night apart since she was 6 weeks old.The evil lymphoma beat us both. I closed my business (not forever, just temporally) when you were diagnosed, I'm glad I did, and wouldn't have had it any other way. I wanted to be with you every second I could, and you felt the same, till the moment you left, you never took her eyes off mommie.I arranged to have a vet come to our home, and they were very kind and caring, and mommie stayed right with you. I wasn't sure I was capable of doing this, but I made up my mind it was what I wanted to do for you, no matter what the toll was on me. I didn't want you to die at the place you hated the most.I have selected a lovely bronze urn for you, plus a very small urn that I can wear around my neck to keep you close.Always remember, life is very fragile and can be lost in a second. Never take anyone you care about for granted, because in a moment everything can change forever.Mommies heart is in a million pieces, but my beautiful girl, you are no longer in pain. In death, as in life, mommie always has your best interests at heart. I know you did not want to leave mommie, but mommie's mommie will watch out for you till I arrive.My life will never be the same without you, but I wasn't allowed to go with you. Yet I'm expected to go on without you. It will take me awhile to figure it out.
Till we meet again at the Rainbow Bridge, love eternal my beautiful girl.