[Dailydrool] Thank you

Maribeth Walker houndhouse.walker at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 21 06:08:20 PST 2017

With all my heart I would like to thank the Droolers who sent me cards in honor China and Emma at the Bridge. I am truly grateful for your generosity and kindness. Seeing everyone's boootiful pictures of their hounds, some at the bridge as well filled my heart with love from you. This outpouring of kindness helped me find peace. I want to participate next year and do the same for someone else. Thank you to the angel who submitted my name. Emma and China went to the Rainbow Bridge on October 27th, just 4 hours apart. Emma was 15 years old and China, one month shy of 19! They had a long life, but their loss the same day, was heartbreaking, even for my vet family, no dry eyes anywhere  They came to BAGS 5 years ago, both from the Tennessee, not at the same time. Emma came with her mate Baxter, who passed in 2014, They had lived outdoors in a kennel their lives, but when coming to BAGS they became a part of our family, sharing our home and love. Emma relived her younger years and had a love for toys, something they never had before. China was taken to the pound, she was already blind, but relatives deposited her at the pound like an old box of books, when her owner passed. I could tell she was loved very much by her human. She adjusted as quite a sweet Diva who made herself at home and part of the family. She came looking like a little old lady, everyone thinking she had little time left. She wasn't done with her adventure and we had so much fun and snuggles together, I loved her dearly, she was a wise soul. Although they didn't live their entire lives with me, my heart loved them like I had known them forever. I miss them both so much. Just weeks before, BAGS other Emma, who also was a southern belle, passed on October 5th from kidney failure. I had been doing fluids for some time. Emma was my shadow. I miss her sweet face wherever I was, Emma was. Emma came with heartworm disease that her owner knew she had for a couple years, never treating her. Because of the damage to her heart, we did the slow kill method. It worked, and she had officially tested negative just in August. We didn't expect the kidney failure. She would run through the yard if she heard a bird, bug, or cow, always on patrol. When my vet would jog by on those Sunday mornings, Emma would sound the alarm to everyone and they would all run to serenade him as he was jogging, but would end up laughing and have to stop for a minute. Just yesterday, while I was at the vet with Buford, he was telling an intern what an adventure is to jog by on Sunday mornings seeing me with my cup of coffee and a "carpet of bassets" having so much fun. Emma loved her life at BAGS and my love for her was also more than words can express. On Thanksgiving Day, my beautiful Chloe Ann joined all her sisters at the Rainbow Bridge. She had been mine since adopting her from rescue at age 7 months, which is how my adventure in rescue began. She passed at the age of 15 years and 2 months. This was the ultimate loss to my heart. She had a great love for Beanie Babies and had a huge collection. She would pick a beanie of the day and carry it everywhere. She always greeted guests, family and new BAGS residents with a beanie. She was the kindest girl, not a mean bone in her body, just complete perfect princess, soft as a bunny. Even when other Bags Bassets, would occasionally chew eyes off Chloe's beanies, she still loved everyone. She carried her "blind" beanie basset with her to the vet one day and I told her vet this is her glaucoma basset, missing an eye just like Chloe!  She took her favorite red lobster beanie with her to the Rainbow Bridge. I have a very hard time seeing a display of beanies at stores, but I know one day it will bring a smile to my face of great memories. I just want to express my sincere gratitude to you. It is a great comfort to look at the cards. There is nothing like a Drooler to make you smile. Hugs and Love, Maribeth Walker and all The BAGS Bassets from Ohio.