[Dailydrool] Faecal incontinence

Rebecca Louisa Stanton via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Tue Feb 14 07:38:51 PST 2017

​Ohh, Morse won't be happy with me for posting this one!​
Well, I have re-named Morse "Nugget" as he taken to leaving little (some
not so little!) golden nuggets for me in the house!  This is totally out of
character for him.  Over the last couple of months it has been every now
and then, maybe once a month, but in the last few days it has been an
accident every day.  Bless his heart.  We just hug him and tell him it
doesn't matter a bit, and we make sure he wags his tail and feels
reassured.  I am not sure whether he feels he has wind and then gets caught
short, or whether he actually is losing control and doesn't realise it is
even happening.
My question is whether this is just part of aging - in which case, that is
fine - or is this something he should be seeing the vet for - i.e. a
parasitic infection, etc?  I had a read online and he hasn't got any back
or spinal problem.  What have other droolers experience of this sort of
thing been?
Becky, Morse and Pumbaa ATB