[Dailydrool] Fleas and licking/nibbling

Rebecca Louisa Stanton via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Tue Feb 14 07:33:01 PST 2017

We are having an outbreak of fleas on Morse again, for the third time in
just over a month.  I have tried 2 different types of anti-flea treatment
from the vets.  We are now spraying the house with Acclaim to try to help.
Morse actually isn't too itchy this week surprisingly, but we think the pub
and the dogs there are probably part of the problem.  So no pub for a few
weeks until we can get this under control.
Morse does a lot of licking and nibbling of his legs.  Sometimes he licks
the air, the sofa, the cushions....he is not bloating.  We have no idea why
it is happening, Sometimes we think its itch, but it happens also  when he
is not itchy.  Is it pain? He is on Rimadyl, but only at a low dose of
maybe a quarter or half every couple of days.  Could it be habit, or is it
anxiety related to getting older?   Is it boredom?  He doesn't want to walk
as much as he used to, but enjoys lying down and watching the world go by.
Some days he doesnt want to walk at all or doesn't want to get in the car
to go out.  Bless his heart.  I would be interested in any of your thoughts.
Becky, Morse and Pumbaa ATB