[Dailydrool] Fearful hounds

Ann Hefner via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Sat Feb 18 15:06:28 PST 2017

Val and Bev both gave good advice. I would add, that when you are talking to
her, get down to her level. You stand very tall above a short hound and seem
much bigger. I learned from training birds too. If you put a bird on a perch
above your head they think they are bigger than you and are less fearful. So
with a dog, try getting down to her level on your hands and knees when you
are training. After she gains some confidence you will be able to work with
her while standing up. And yes, keep smiling. Maybe find a new word for
"no."  Don't, nada, bad

Ann