[Dailydrool] Drool Needed

Dossey, Gwen via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Wed Feb 22 14:30:40 PST 2017

Not sure if I posted this the other day or not, but our 15 year old Madden had 2 lumps removed yesterday.  She came through the surgery like a champ and ate dinner and wanted snacks all through the night!  We're calling her the Energizer bunny 'cuz she just keeps going and going!  She has a 3-inch incision in her left shoulder and a 5-inch one in her left armpit, so I need to keep it clean and keep her from licking it, but otherwise she seems to be doing wonderfully!

However, now I also need drool for our Teddi who is 14!  Last night after we picked Madden up from the vet, Teddi was limping on her front foot (I can't tell which one.  Shawn seems to think it's her right).  It doesn't' seem to hurt to the touch, but she's limping (like me) and it looks very painful.  She's also panting, which she only usually does when she's not feeling well.  I gave her a Rimadyl last night and again this morning when she was still limping, but I'm reluctant to call the vet because she's done this to me before when I sprained my ankle & she started limping for a day and a half until I took her to the vet, then she stopped before she was even looked at!  So I'm hoping she's either being sympathetic to Madden or jealous because she's not gotten much attention lately, but just in case it's not either, please keep them both your thoughts and prayers!!

Thanks a bunch!!
~Gwen, Teddi, Madden and Sasha~ (:>
Being happy doesn't mean everything's perfect. It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfections.