[Dailydrool] Peeing in the house

Dale Rutz via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Fri Feb 24 15:15:17 PST 2017

Hi all, Dale here,
As previously stated Gracie (our puppy mill girl) is unreliable at best.  She would go for weeks without an accident and then she'd have one every night for a week.  If it's wet, cold, rainy, scary .... whatever.  We have always used a towel to soak up the urine and then used natures miracle as directed to clean it up.  We also shampoo the rugs at least monthly ..... with 4 hoomans and 3 dogs in a 1400 square foot house with is half hardwood, half carpet, it needs it just from foot traffic.  This worked well for years.
The thing is that in the last few months Gracie's accidents have gotten more frequent ..... like more days than not I'll find a puddle ..... I think she might have cushings she has most of the symptoms ...... vet appointment is today .... but anyway it started to get nasty.  A drooler had told me you HAVE to soak the spot with water after sopping up all the urine ..... the then another drooler told me about spot bot, by bissell.
OMG if you don't have a spot bot you need to go out and buy a spot bot right this second.  It's even better than a roomba.  You soak up the urine with a towel as usual and then you set the spot bot on top of the spot and push a button and walk away.  This machine has a bunch of brushes and goes through a series of spraying and brushing and suctioning and then repeat ........ when it gets done it beeps.  Then you go and pick the thing up and soak up the clean water with a fresh towel and presto ...... no smell.  We got ours over a month ago and it's HEAVEN folks, no smell at all.
Fair warning though ..... you get "fairy rings."  Basically the spot bot gets that particular spot SO clean that you have the reverse problem ...... a clean spot in the middle of your somewhat dirty rug (well, mine is 20+ years old).  I find that when I shampoo the whole run once a month as per usual the fairy rings disappear.

Hope this helps.  Love them seniors!
Dale