[Dailydrool] quilting

Val lbrewerzwick via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Tue Jan 17 15:44:19 PST 2017

Hi Sally,
  Actually, it depends on what you want the end result to look like which batting you use.  All work fine.  If you want the quilt to look "puffy" then you use a batting called "high loft" (usually all polyester).  If you want the quilt to lay really flat, then you use something that is "low loft" like 100% cotton or even wool (very warm).  Our quilt guild uses as its standard an 80-20 blend of cottom/polyester.  I usually use whatever is in my batting box, although all the leftover pieces originally started with those guidelines in mind.  some batting needs to be quilted more densely than others to hold together, but I usually quilt fairly densely so I don't recall those guidelines at the moment. ALoha,

Val