[Dailydrool] Odell ATB, Chapter 3

Val lbrewerzwick via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Fri Jan 27 13:43:41 PST 2017

And so, Odell lived an illustrious life.  He was unimaginably sweet, calm, and full of character.  And much loved by many generations of Kamehameha students and others who met him.  Recently I met someone on the island where I now live, who asked "Is your dog a relative of Odell Slagel? I thought all the bassets hounds in Hawaii are his relatives."  (Odell was neutered, as were my guys, so, no, no offspring, nieces, or nephews).

Maybe six years ago, the Slagels adopted Hastings from AZBHR.  The two hounds became a dynamic duo.  EAch summer, Kim and Jim traveled in the states with the hounds, having terrific camping vacations.  Hastings died unexpectedly this month at about age 12 of brain tumors.  Odell  (age 14) followed two weeks later with complications following  emergency surgery for bloat/stomach torsion.  In the space of a month, these two wonderful hounds have departed, leaving a huge void in the hearts of all who knew them, and of course devastating Kim and Jim.  I am also so sad.

So I would be grateful if folks could light a candle and blow a kiss towards the Rainbow Bridge in honor of Odell and Hastings Slagel, and send drool to Kim and Jim,  Kim's email is kislagel at yahoo.com.  The snail mail address is 45-180 Mahilani Place, Unit 31, Kaneohe, HI 96744

I have not proofread these entries and hope they are not too jumbled.  Odell was special beyond belief. (I did not know Hastings).  And Kim and Jim are the quintessential terrific basset hound parents. Please hold them in your thoughts and prayers.  VAl Brewer vlbzwic at yahoo.com. Currently with Mila, Mariah, and Ipo, and formerly with Odell's much loved siblings, the late Commander Bo and Harley of Hawaii

Val