[Dailydrool] Update on Beau

Susan Scott-Chambers via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Wed Jul 5 18:57:53 PDT 2017

Thanks to everyone who has given their ideas about Beau.  I agree that part
of it could be missing Gracie Girl, who passed on Memorial Day.  I took him
to the vet last Thursday and discussed all his weird symptoms with the
vet.  He said that because of his dry-eye syndrome, Beau is down to just
10-20% vision, which could account for his abnormal behavior.  That,
coupled with Gigi's passing and the fact that Beau is ~11y/o, are all
having an effect on him.

We are making some adjustments to help him, and he's doing better.  We've
just got to learn to live with him, helping him the best we can.  Thx to
the Drool, I know that dogs with limited/no vision can still lead very fun,
active lives.

We are continuing with his eyedrops 3x/day and pill 2x/day in the hope that
the dry-eye syndrome may improve.  But we've been battling this since
December, so I really don't expect any improvement.  Our vet is in contact
with a vet ophthalmologist; it just seems Beau is not responding to meds as
expected.

We send love and hugs across the miles to all hounds & humans in need!

Susan with Beau, Noodle & Chance
and Gigi, Jolie & Sophie all ATB

lily5943 at gmail.com