[Dailydrool] Fromt the Desk of

Beverly Szaton via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Thu Jul 6 01:59:10 PDT 2017

Hello there this is Miss Merta Lou, Professional Lady Basset. Again.

Human behavior continues to perplex and often vex me and perhaps some of
the Droolers may be able to enlighten this poor, apparently not-too-bright
Lady Basset.
The other sunrise-- quite a few sunrises ago actually-- the humans who live
around us began making periodic loud and sudden noises. We would be happily
engaged in inspecting grasses in the yard when BOOM! At first it was
un-nerving but Mr. Conley said it was a Human Thing and would stop soon..

But oh my! Slowly the booms  increased until the day before yesterday
when-- I know you will not believe this, I scarecely did myself-- the booms
were joined with whistles and shrieks and screams and brilliant lights and
louder and louder and oh so close! And Mr. Doc said not to worry that it
would not come inside and I was just to wait it out. So I did and it did
end.
But what is that about?
Conley said it is a contest they hold every year to see who can get his
hand blown off first.
Or a Contest to see who can drink the most and then drive home the fastest.
He said it doesn't make much sense and he personally wishes they would not
do it every year that perhaps once a decade would be enough.

I am just relieved that someone this annoying behavior skipped our house
and as rather dim as they can be, the Mother & FatherPersons do not indulge.
Oh well just wondering.
Love and Cuddles
Miss Merta Lou, Professional Lady Basset

bgszap2 at gmail.com