[Dailydrool] Canine Influenza

Sherrilyn - via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Thu Jul 6 17:40:03 PDT 2017

O Wise Droolers,

I received the following notice from the kennel where I board Isabella and Lola. Thoughts?

We have been keeping an eye on the flu trends across the nation and due to the close proximity of new cases, we feel it is necessary to require the Canine Influenza Bivalent Vaccination to protect our socializing pups from the H3N8 and H3N2 flu. Please schedule the initial vaccine as soon as possible since immunity peaks about 4-6 weeks into the vaccination process (about two weeks after the second booster which is given 2-3 weeks after the initial vaccine).

In the last 60 days, Maryland has had a few isolated reports of the Canine Influenza. More recently, there have been a few additional cases, one as close as Prince George’s county. Although the cases are still isolated, the vaccination is still the best precaution against a potential outbreak in the near future.

Thanks,

Sherrilyn

panama_jacques at yahoo.com