[Dailydrool] Eye Cysts

Sue And David Autry via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Fri Jul 28 14:30:15 PDT 2017

Tilly ( 10 ) popped up with a large eye cyst overnight on her lower right
lid.  It started draining within a week and I brought her to our Vet.  She
ordered an eye antibiotic ointment twice a day for a week.  It helped a
while, then the drainage started again.  WE were referred to an animal eye
hospital that has special instruments to remove eye cysts without the need
for anesthesia.  With cooperative dogs ( Yes I WILL be GOOD ) they can
manage to operate with just slight sedation.  She only has to stay about an
hour after and then have drops in the eye following at home.

There is a traveling Eye Vet that comes to Florida twice a month from
Virginia to perform these surgeries.

She is scheduled August 30th to have it removed.

Just recently, our 8 yr old lab, Phoebe, had 3 very small eye cysts removed
at the same time she had her dental cleaning.  Our  regular Vet found them
on the yearly exam.  I would have never known she had them.  She did well
under anesthesia.  She went to a different clinic to have hers done.

We are getting to know a lot of Vets in our area   ( WoW  Lots of vet bills
this year).

Don' forget Harvey, He had his teeth cleaned also this year!!

And I think I want another basset???

Bassets are like potato chips, you can't just have one!!!

Three dogs keep me focused and structured!  ON THEM!!  Says my husband!

Love and hugs and snooter kisses to those who have lost their hounds
recently.

Mop Queen, dog walker, poop scooper, groomer, fur baby lover,  Sue to the
Triplets