[Dailydrool] Getting in the car

Dossey, Gwen via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Fri Jun 9 14:52:40 PDT 2017

We have a plastic ramp that folds in half.  It is relatively light as I can do it with 1 hand if I'm holding a bunch of leashes!  It fits nicely into the cutout on the rear bumper so that the angle isn't too steep!  When the girls (and sometimes a few boys) get in, I fold it up and put it just inside the back door of our BUV.

Sasha can jump right into the drivers side of my BUV without problem.  Teddi used to be able to when she was younger.  When she got older and started not jumping as much, I would say 1 and she would put her front feet up on the couch, truck, whatever...; 2 and that meant I would grab her bum and 3 I would lift her up and she would use her front legs to walk farther onto the seat as I was lifting.  Not sure how we came up with that, but when she was hankering to get on the couch, but didn't want to jump, she would sit there and whine and I would say 1 and she'd put her front feet up then I would get up and do the 2 and 3!

Before I forget again... Tuesday was Sasha's 6th Gotcha day!  Thursday was Madden's 9th Gotcha day!  And today would have been our Casper's 14th birthday!  Gotta head home to love on them a little before I abandon them for the night/weekend! :)

Hugs to all!
~Gwen, Madden & Sasha~ (:>
(o_
// \
V_/_ <=penguin
gdossey at te.com
Being happy doesn't mean everything's perfect. It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfections.