[Dailydrool] Sleeping positions

Nancy Candray via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Wed Jun 14 20:07:20 PDT 2017

I've had dogs throughout my life. None of them bassets besides Speedy. All of them slept either curled up or on their sides. Even Speedy would curl up on my pillow with is butt in my face (one reason I stopped sleeping with him) Duncan however sleeps on his back, spread eagle, eyes rolled to the back of his head. He looks so comfortable and sleeps soundly. Only until he hears me very close to him does he wake up. His eyes roll back. Only his tail wags as if to say "hey, pet me. Don't make me move from this comfortable position". I, of course, am happy to oblige. I mean, if you saw him, you wouldn't wanna mess with his comfort either.

I don't know if this is a basset thing or a Duncan thing so I thought I'd share and ask....how do your bassets sleep?

Nancy with Duncan and Rambo the Shar Pei
speedsterbasset at yahoo.com