[Dailydrool] My First Basset Hound

Connie Moen via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Thu Mar 2 12:19:33 PST 2017

My husband and I had just lost our Doxie (this was in the late 60's) and I
wanted another dog, like a Doxie but a little more sturdy so we started
looking for a Basset.  There was one Basset Puppy advertised in the paper
so we went to check it out - she was about 4 months old and had been living
in a basement.  Her owner was a musician and was travelling all the time.
He had decided he just couldn't keep a dog, it wasn't fair to the dog as
the neighbor would come in and feed her and make sure she had water and
then leave.  He had named her Killer and said, just pick up her bowl and
she'll follow you to the car.

Well it didn't take long, we changed her name to Duchess and in a couple of
days we discovered a Basset is NOT a large Doxie - and that was when we
fell in love with the Breed.  Duchess was the first of many....

Connie & the Vegas Girls
two.bassets at gmail.com