[Dailydrool] Paddi B Basset suffers an indignity

Mary Wilson via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Sun Mar 26 13:59:40 PDT 2017

Paddi B Basset was not willing to share the news that she had to have a
dental a couple of weeks back. She had to have a tooth extracted, which she
knew about so it was okay. Sort of okay. (I know it was bothering her,
since she was rubbing her head on things and now she isn't. But Still.)

That was not the indignity. While she was Rendered Unconscious By That Man
and That Woman Who Pretends To Be So Nice and Has Cookies.... her toebones
were cruelly removed.

(that is, her nails were trimmed).

Paddi, despite the indignities, is doing very well for a puppy of almost 13
years. She was doing quite a bit of limping upon getting up, etc. We're now
trying her on a daily dose of Metacam, and she's doing really well. No more
limping, much less grumpiness, and she has resumed her fruitless efforts to
get Simba the Formosan Mountain Dog to do the Basset 500. (Not going to
happen.)

But wow, I can't believe she is going to be 13. Yikes!

Mary
with the newly fancy-footed Paddi B Basset