[Dailydrool] Late for the London adventures

Pamela McQuade via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Tue May 2 07:36:25 PDT 2017

"Horton, get a move on it! If you don't, we'll get to London and all the
bassets will be gone! Cleo bellowed at her younger brother. "Did you
pack everything we need? Food, treats, a gift for the London hounds?"

"You don't have to be so loud," Horton barked back. "I packed everything
but your tutu--which doesn't matter, since you don't own one." He tried
to pile all the luggage on Dexter's back, but his blind brother just sat
down, and every piece of baggage slid to the floor.

"Who do you think I am, your bellboy?" an edge of irritation sharpened
Dexter's usually sweet voice.

"Stop arguing, boys," Cleo interrupted. "We're late for the airport.
They'll only hold that CH-53 for a short time. It's a miracle the male
human got them to lend it to us, and we don't want those Marines to find
another use for it. We need to fly the Good Ship Lollipup to London
right away. I'm not waiting for you!" She barged out the door, stumpy
tail flying.

Horton grabbed two bags and strapped the last one on his brother's back.
"Don't lose it! It's all your stuff, he warned Dex. Nose to the ground,
Dex followed his adopted siblings to the Uber that had just drawn up
before their home. All three hounds jumped in the backseat, throwing
their luggage in the back of the SUV as they leapt in.

"We're off, cried Cleo, sticking her nose out the window to be sure the
driver was taking the right route.