[Dailydrool] New neighbor

Val lbrewerzwick vlbzwick at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 3 12:56:06 PDT 2017

There is a small mother-in-law apartment under the house next door to us, the one that is only about six feet from our chain link fence, and different folks rent there from time to time.  New tenants moved in yesterday—and they have a  huge (60-70 lb?) not neutered, purebred male pit bull with a head the size of a basketball and muscles coming out his ears, the kind that goes to “let’s pull trucks” competitions here in the islands.  the owner tells me he is very friendly and gets along with female dogs, but is very protective of his property (which abuts ours)  So the girls and I met him yesterday at the fence line.  It’s going to be interesting.  What intrigued me was my girls’ reactions to him.

Ipo (our pit mix):  “Ooh. Hubba hubba! You’re handsome, big boy. Hellooo. Come give me a kiss. Wag wag”.

Mila (good girl basset): “I think I’ll just mosey away from the fence”

Mariah the Maraudah (force of nature basset): “#$&*@%. Keep your @#$&* distance from me, you @#$&*, or I’ll rip your throat out”.. (And the pit lunges at the fence, called off by his owner).

The saving grace is that the pit is only ever outside with the owner—they don’t have a fence all the way around their yard.  As I said, should be interesting.  Val  of Hawaii